Sample Conference Group Booking Contract
The above sample contract is for viewing purposes only. Conference Services will forward a contract tailored to your event needs once details are confirmed.
The contract MUST be signed by the client and returned to the University Conference Services Office, no later than 60 days prior to your conference. The signed contract must be accompanied by a deposit in the amount of 25% of the contract price. The total remainder cost of the conference will be due upon receipt of invoice. If a signed contract and deposit is not provided within the prescribed period of time, the University Conference Services Office will cancel any and all arrangements made. Interest at 1.5% per month will be charged for any outstanding balance not paid within 30 days of receipt of invoice.
The deposit is refundable to the client ONLY if written notice of cancellation is submitted to the University Conference Services Office 10 working days prior to the scheduled first day of the conference. No refund is given if less than 10 working days prior to the start of the conference is provided.
Accepted Payment Methods
Lakehead University offers the following payment options:
ALL PAYMENTS ARE TO BE MADE IN CANADIAN FUNDS
- Cheque, Money Order or Bank Draft, payable to Lakehead University
- Please note that returned cheques (NSF) presented to Lakehead University will result in a twenty-seven dollar ($27.00) penalty charge. Future payments will be required in cash or certified cheque.
- Please drop off or mail your cheque, money order or bank draft to:
Lakehead University Conference Services
955 Oliver Road
Thunder Bay, ON
- Visa, Mastercard
- Interac (when paying in person at the Residence Accounts & Admissions Office)
- Cash (when paying in person at the Residence Accounts & Admissions Office)