Harold S. Braun Building
The first college building, constructed by the Department of Public Works of the Province of Ontario, was formally opened on October 2, 1957. This building, initially called the Main Building, underwent six separate extensions from 1960 - 1967 to develop into its present form. A new library wing was added in March, 1960, and in the fall of 1969, two extensions providing additional lecture rooms and laboratory space were opened.
In 1981 the building was re-named the Harold S. Braun Building in honour of Dr. Harold Braun, Principal of Lakehead Technical Institute, Principal of Lakehead College of Arts, Science and Technology, and the first Dean of University Schools at Lakehead University.
Centrally located on campus (view map PDF), the Braun Building houses a variety of departments, faculties, computer labs, classrooms and lecture theatres.
Please note that the rates below are for room rental only and do not include equipment usage, delivery/set up charges or technical support.
Additionally, all meeting and function spaces are subject to applicable taxes.
Conference Services reserves the right to change the stated rates.